In accordance with the packaging ordinance, we are obligated to take back any sales packaging not designated with a symbol from a nationwide disposal program (the “Green Dot,” for instance) free of charge. Therefore, you may return such packaging to us at our expense.
Our address is:
M&R Angelgeräte GmbH
D – 76227 Karlsruhe-Durlach
Phone: +49 (0)721 94 30 91 - 30
Fax: +49 (0)721 94 30 91 - 44
Legal text - excerpts from the Packaging Ordinance:
Sec. 2 - Scope of Application
1. This ordinance shall be in effect for all packaging that comes into circulation within the jurisdiction of the Recycling and Waste Act, no matter whether it is generated through industry, retail, administration, production, trade, in households, or elsewhere, and independent of the materials of which it consists.
2. Insofar as there are specific requirements for packaging or the removal of packaging waste, or for the transportation of packed goods or of packaging waste resulting from other statutory provisions, these shall remain unaffected.
3. The authority of the federal government, state governments, and local governments to obligate third parties to avoid and recycle waste during use of their facilities or properties as well as during special uses of public streets shall remain unaffected.
Sec. 4 - Redemption Obligations for Transport Packaging
1. Manufacturers and distributors are obligated to take back transport packaging after use. In a relationship involving repeated deliveries, this reclamation may also occur during one of the following deliveries.
2. The reclaimed transport packaging must be reused or redeemed for its materials, insofar as this is technologically feasible and economically reasonable (Sec. 5 para. 4 of the Recycling and Waste Act), in particular for goods for which a market is available or may be created. For transport packaging made directly from renewable resources, redeeming the energy value of the packaging is deemed equal to redeeming its material value.
Sec. 5 - Redemption Obligations for Secondary Packaging
1. Distributors offering repackaged goods are obligated to remove this secondary packaging upon transfer of the items to the end user or to provide the end user the opportunity to remove this secondary packaging at the point of sale and return it free of charge. This is not the case if the end user requests transfer of the product in its secondary packaging; in this case, the provisions regarding the redemption of sales packaging shall apply accordingly.
2. Insofar as the distributor does not remove the secondary packaging itself, it must indicate at the cash register using clearly recognizable and readable written signs that the end consumer has the option of removing the secondary packaging from the purchased good at the point of sale or on the premises and leaving this behind.
3. The distributor is obligated to provide suitable collection containers for receiving the secondary packaging in the point of sale or on its premises and to make these visible and easily accessible to end consumers. The separation of individual groups of recyclable materials must be ensured, insofar as this is possible without designation. The distributor is obligated to use secondary packaging for another use or to deliver it to a recycling center. Sec. 4 para. 2 shall apply accordingly.
Obligation to Participate in the Dual System
The German Bundestag has adopted an amendment to the Packaging Ordinance. It was advertised in the Federal Law Gazette on April 2nd, 2008, and will come into force on January 1st, 2009. The amendment indicates that, in the future, all packaging (with few exceptions) that reaches private end consumers must be licensed under the dual system.
Secondary packaging of M&R fishing tackle is licensed starting 1/1/2009 by
Zentek GmbH & Co. KG